Our “Reveal Party” is March 16 at Kearney’s Holiday Inn
Following a successful inaugural event in 2016, planning is underway for Kearney’s Dancing with the Stars 2 – an event bringing 12 “stars” from the Kearney area to delight dancing fans and raise funds for local needs.
The 12 dancers soon to be revealed will be featured performers for a fund-raising spectacle on Oct. 21 at Younes Conference Center, sponsored by Kearney Rotary. By voting for the 12 dancers online and the night of the event, Kearney’s Rotary clubs plan to raise tens of thousands of dollars for the Central Nebraska Veterans Memorial and international Kearney Noon Rotary and Kearney Dawn Rotary causes.
- Dan Lynch, Kearney chief of police, and Betty Warren, owner and broker at Coldwell Banker-Town and Country Realty
- Jonathan Nikkila, Kearney City Council member, and Nikki Erickson of Team Concepts.
- Mark Sutko, First National Bank recently-retired CEO, and Marsha Wilkerson of BD Construction
- Ross Finley, Army National Guard lieutenant colonel, and Dr. Camie Rose Lentfer of Schrock Chiropractic
- Jon Watts, UNK vice chancellor for business and finance, and Carrie Eighmey, Loper women’s basketball coach
- Dr. Steve Haskett, Kearney Clinic pediatrician, and Erika Godfrey of Hawthorne Jewelry
The dancers will practice and learn a competitive dance routine and will perform as a couple the night of “Kearney’s Dancing with the Stars.” They will be coached by volunteer instructors:
- Kirby and Ronda Andersen of You’ll be Dancin’
- Noelle Bohaty, professor of dance at University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Dillon Nelson of Kearney Family YMCA
- Krisa Smith and Ashley Nanfito of Kearney School of Dance
- Kathy Fuehrer at Dance Works.
Celebrity judges for the event include:
- Tom and Mary Henning
- Todd and Lois Thalken
- Marge Lauer and Jason Sharp
Thank You to our 2019 Event Sponsors
Please visit their website by clicking on their logo
Our Cornerstone Sponsors are:
Our Gold Sponsors are:
Our Silver Sponsors are:
If you would like to be a partnering sponsor visit our Sponsorship page or contact a member of Rotary.